This month, Timbo serves up an ‘inside-out parma’, his take on the Australian pub classic.
Life is better with a parmigiana on the plate. And there’s no end to the variations available, from Hawaiian parmas, to Mexican parmas, to the traditional ham-and-cheese version. Timbo, however, has taken the pub classic one step further.
- Two chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced button mushrooms
- Tomato relish (a mixture of tomato, mustard seeds, onion, vinegar and chilli).
- Sliced ham
- Cheese – Swiss cheese is recommended
- Using a mallet (or rolling pin or even your fist), flatten each chicken breast – it may be necessary to butterfly the breast first.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on one chicken breast, and slather on some tomato relish.
- Then, add a layer of ham, followed by a handful of sliced button mushrooms and couple slices of cheese.
- Rest the second flattened chicken breast on top so that the entire parma resembles a sandwich.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan, and fry one side of the inside-out parma for about five minutes or until the chicken has cooked through.
- Carefully flip the parma and fry the other side until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve the parma and enjoy the jealous looks of your friends and family as you tuck in.