This month, Joe shows us how to whip together some delicious garlic prawns.
- 25g butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 500g of peeled uncooked prawns
- 1 tablespoon of coarsely chopped parsley
- Salt to season
- Heat butter, oil and garlic in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat until the butter has melted.
- Add flour. Cook, stirring for one minute or until the mixture bubbles.
- Slowly add stock, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Add wine and cream. Cook, stirring for three minutes or until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Add mustard to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add prawns. Simmer, stirring for three minutes or until the prawns are cooked through.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Serve creamy garlic prawns with steamed rice.