How to make fettuccini carbonara in the caravan!
- 1 packet of fettucine pasta, or your preferred pasta
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 onion
- 3-4 rashers of streaky bacon
- Water for boiling pasta
- 3 eggs (roughly 1-2 eggs per person)
- ¼ cup of cream (more cream, less eggs/more eggs, less cream)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Boil a pot of water (enough to cover the pasta), adding a big pinch of salt.
- Dice the onion and the bacon.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and fry the bacon and onion until the onion is browned and the bacon is crispy.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, around 1.5 eggs per person being served.
- Lightly beat the eggs with a fork.
- Add a handful of Parmesan cheese and the thickened cream.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Set aside the bacon and the onion once done.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook as per the time instructions.
- Strain pasta, then add the pasta to the frying pan with the bacon and the onion.
- Stir to combine.
- Return to a low heat.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and toss through until the egg begins to cook.
- Serve immediately.