Nothing warms those cold bones when camping quite like this risotto.
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- About 100g of salted butter
- Half a cup of dry white wine
- One onion thinly diced
- 1L of chicken stock
- A handful of mushrooms
- 1 small can of peas
- 2 rashers of bacon, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Slice the mushrooms, dice the bacon and the onion.
- Add the onion and butter to a non-stick pan and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the bacon and the mushrooms and saute for three to five minutes or until the mushrooms have reduced in size, then add the peas and cook for another minute.
- Add the dry rice to the pan and stir through.
- Add the dry white wine and cook on medium heat until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the chicken stock, one cup at a time. Add the next cup of stock when you see that the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Continue to stir gently to avoid the risotto sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir through a generous handful of Parmesan cheese.