This pasta dish is quite quick to make and, just as importantly, it’s delicious.
- Olive oil
- Penne pasta, or any pasta that you prefer
- One onion
- Teaspoon of minced garlic
- 6 or 7 slices of Hungarian salami
- One capsicum
- A jar of tomato sauce (basil flavour)
- One tablespoon of cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- A large handful of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven.
- Prepare boiling water for cooking the pasta – don’t forget to salt the water.
- Finely chop the onion and the capsicum.
- Place the onion in a hot pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté until just browned.
- Add garlic, capsicum and salami, and sauté for another few minutes.
- Add pasta to the boiled water and cook until al dente.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan and stir through the cream cheese.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and pour it into a baking dish.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the pasta and stir it through.
- Add a layer of salami, followed by a generous layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve.