Sea vs tree, beach or country? Let the debate begin. Later in the show, a special guest dials in. Who could it be?
Camp Kitchen With Paula
Paula Gardener is no slouch when it comes to making damper. Here’s her recipe!
450g of self-raising flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
180ml of milk
1 teaspoon of caster sugar
80g of chilled butter cut into cubes
1. Mix the flour, salt and sugar together in a bowl.
2. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Add the milk slowly and mix to form a dough.
3. Knead the dough lightly on a floured board until smooth. Shape into a round loaf, brush with milk and cut a cross into the top surface of the dough.
4. Grease a large sheet of foil and wrap the dough. Then, place it on the coals and let it bake for about 30 minutes. Or you can bake the dough in a camp oven with coals under and on the lid. Note: To test if it’s done, tap on the loaf and it should sound hollow.
5. Cut it into thick slices and serve while still warm with butter and golden syrup or your favourite jam.
Each show, the crew share their favourite A-Z of driving songs. This episode, it was songs starting with ‘C’.
Paula: Crazy by Patsy Cline
Timbo: Cool for Cats by UK Squeeze
Max: Come Together by The Beatles
Simon: Constant Craving by KD Lang
Each episode, we review a new kids’ film that will keep them entertained (or not) in the backseat during a long trip. This episode, it was Zootopia and here are their ‘towball’ ratings.
Max: 4 towballs
Timbo: 3 towballs
Paula: 3 towballs
Simon: 4 towballs