In this episode, TV presenter, drummer, and well-known traveller Geoff ‘Coxy’ Cox joins the team.
Camp Kitchen With Paula
This episode, Paula Gardner shares a quick and easy creamy pasta.
- 350g spaghetti
- 200g snow peas or zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, thinly sliced
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cream
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Cook the pasta according to the packet’s instructions, adding the snow peas or zucchini and asparagus in the last two minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and garlic and onions for one minute over a medium heat, then add tomatoes and wine. simmer until wine is reduced by half. Add cream and simmer for a further one or two minutes, or until thickened.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and season with pepper. Divide pasta between four bowls and garnish with fresh basil.
Each episode, the crew share their favourite A-Z of driving songs, this time starting with ‘H’.
Paula: Hey Paula, by Ernie Sigley and Denise Drysdale
Timb: Ho Hey, by Stella and Maise Lennon
Max: Holy Grial, by Hunters and Collectors
Simon: Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick, by Ian Dury and the Blockheads
Each episode, we review a new kids’ film that will keep them entertained (or not) in the backseat during a long trip. This episode, we instead offer up our suggestions of TV shows to ‘binge’ watch while on the road.
Timbo: Black Sails
Paula: The Handmaiden’s Tale
Simon: House of Cards
Max: The Wolf Creek miniseries
Coxy: Boston Legal