In this episode the team discuss some of the best places they’ve have eaten from in Australia while travelling and much more.
Tim was the winner of our Inaugural Backseat Quiz.
Backseat Cinema – Lego Ninjago Movie
Tow Ball Ratings
Tim – 2
Paula – 2
Simon – 2
Max – 2
Paula’s Campfire Kitchen
Lentil and Veg Cottage Pie
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ cup of veg stock
- 1 Can of lentils
- Splash of tabasco according to taste
1. Finely chop any vegetables you have.
2. Throw in the rest of the veg according to cooking time so they are just getting soft then add.
3. Add can of lentils, drained and rinsed.
4. Cook for 5 or so minutes until the stock has been almost all absorbed. Set aside to cool.
5. Meanwhile, peel, chop and boil 3or more potatoes. Mash and set aside to cool.
6. For separate dishes take 2 individual foil pie dishes and if using frozen pastry, (thawed) oil dish and place into dish. Blind bake with baking paper and rice for weight for 10 mins. in oven or camp oven keeping an eye on them.
7. If using pita pockets or similar, do the same as above.
8. While that’s happening mash the potatoes, adding butter, milk and some grated cheese if so desired.
9. Remove dishes and spoon in mixture. Cover with mash and place back on coals or oven until golden brown on top.
10. You could also just use toast underneath instead of pastry etc. for an easier meal
Each episode, the crew share their favourite A-Z of driving songs, this time starting with ‘N’.
Tim – No Woman, No Cry – Bob Marley
Paula – Never Tear Us Apart – INXS
Simon – Nothings Gonna Stop Us – Starship