A remedial process has been established for owners of Swift 500 Series gas cookers manufactured between January 1 2019 and May 31 2020 (inclusive).
In June 2022, Swift Appliance Group informed customers that all Swift 500 Series gas cookers must not be used until further notice after being notified by Western Australia’s Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety about a ‘serious safety issue’.
The company is asking owners of these cookers to refer to the data plate on the cooker’s lid for information about the date of its manufacture. Anyone who is unsure when their Swift 500 Series gas cooker was manufactured should not use it until this has been confirmed.
WHAT YOU MUST ALSO DO
If your Swift 500 Series gas cooker was manufactured in the above date range, Swift Appliance Group says you must follow these steps:
- Immediately stop using the front left burner and remove the control knob.
- Instruct all others to not use the front left burner. However, the other burners and components are safe for ordinary use.
- Install a gas leak detection device if the caravan is intended to travel offroad. The gas leak detection device should be fitted inside a cupboard located underneath the gas cooker unit. If you smell gas, immediately turn off the gas supply at the cylinder and ventilate the area. Cylinders can be isolated and disabled at the ‘gas isolation valve’ adjacent to the appliance.
- Register your details on the Swift Appliance Group recall registry.
- Contact and authorised person, licensed plumber or gas fitter as follows:
- If you are able to attend an approved Swift Service Agent, book an appointment. A list of agents can be found through the below link.
- If you are in a remote area or are unable to access an approved Swift Service Agent, ask a registered gas fitter to contact Swift by phoning 0412 821 912 or emailing email@example.com for authorisation and instructions to conduct the remedial process. Swift Appliance Group asks that you do not allow a registered external gas fitter to conduct the remedial process without Swift’s knowledge and consent.
- All registered external gas fitters must clearly state their registration number, location and contact details when contacting Swift. Once Swift is satisfied of their qualifications, further support will be provided before the works can be conducted.
- Once the affected cooker is inspected, repaired (where necessary), and deemed to be safe, it can be used for its intended purpose.
Recall registry: https://swiftappliancegroup.com.au/recall-register/
Swift service agents: https://swiftappliancegroup.com.au/repairs-warranty/