We travel across the Nullarbor to chat to the manager of a ripping caravan park.
Camp Kitchen With Paula
This episode, Paula Gardner gets busy with potato tortillas.
- 300 grams of waxy potatoes
- 1 onion
- 5 large free-range eggs
- Peel the potatoes, then carefully cut them into thin slices. Pat the potato slices dry with a clean towel.
- Peel and finely slice the onion. Drizzle two tablespoons of oil into a small frypan over a medium heat, then add the onion and potatoes.
- Turn the heat down to low and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the onions are turing golden and the potatoes look like they’ll break up. Flip them over halfway through.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, season with a tiny pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then whisk together with a fork.
- When the onions and potatoes are cooked, remove the pan from the heat and carefully tip them into the eggs. Transfer the mixture back into the frypan and place it over a low heat. Cook for around 20 minutes, or until there’s almost no runny egg on top.
- Use a spatula to slightly lift and loosen the sides of the tortilla. Carefully flip the pan over a dinner plate and tip out the tortilla, then slide it back into the pan and cook for another five minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Turn out the tortilla onto a serving board, then cut into six wedges and serve hot or cold with a simple green salad.
Each episode, the crew share their favourite A-Z of driving songs, this time starting with ‘G’.
Paula: Girls Just Want To Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper
Timb: Girl You Want, Devo
Max: Good Riddance (Time of your Life), Greenday
Simon: Georgia On My Mind, Ray Charles
Each episode, we review a new kids’ film that will keep them entertained (or not) in the backseat during a long trip. This episode, it was Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul and here is the crew’s ‘towball’ ratings.
Timbo: 2 towballs
Paula: 2 towballs
Simon: 1.5 towballs
Max: 2.5 towballs