It’s all cold water and banana lounges for Paula and the gang. Two guests make a special appearance in this episode.
Camp Kitchen With Paula
This episode, Paula Gardner gets busy with eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce.
- 60ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- Half a bunch of flat-leaf parsley, stalks and leaves chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped, plug extra slices to serve
- 700g jar of passata
- 4 eggs
- Crusty bread to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the eschalots, celery, parsley stalks, garlic and chilli and cook for 2-3 minutes until the eschalots are translucent and golden.
- Add the passata and half a cup of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Make small holes in the pan with your spoon then crack the eggs in one by one.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. Remove from the heat, top with parsley leaves and extra chilli and serve hot with crusty bread.
Each episode, the crew share their favourite A-Z of driving songs, this time starting with ‘F’.
A-Z Driving Songs ‘F’
Paula: Flashdance by Irene Cara
Timbo: Faraway Eyes by The Rolling Stones
Simon: Forever Young by Alphaville
Kelly Oldham: Flame Trees by Cold Chisel
Matthew Oldham: Father & Son by Cat Stevens
Each episode, we review a new kids’ film that will keep them entertained (or not) in the backseat during a long trip. This episode, it was The LEGO Batman Movie and here is the crew’s ‘towball’ ratings.
Timbo: 5 towballs
Paula: 3 towballs
Simon: 5 towballs
Matt and Kelly Oldham: 4 towballs